Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Storytime

Yesterday, I went to the downtown library to get myself some books on property management. I put Anya in the stroller and we walked all over! She LOVED the glass elevators! (At the Salt Lake City main library, there are four levels of books. There is a glass wall seperating the library portion of the building from the cafe/bookstore area, and glass elevators to take you up and down the floors.) She was fascinated with the elevators going up and down, and we spent a couple of minutes on the main level watching them.

After we got my books, we went down to the children's library and got Anya some books. One about some bunnies, another about silly ducks, and you know we're LDS since I was stoked to find a "My First Church History Stories" book.

After we got home and had dinner, I put the baby in my lap and read the books to her. As a family, we read the first story in the Church History book. I'm not sure what she liked more; having both of us read and pay attention to her at the same time, or the pretty pictures in the book. With just Mommy and Anya, we read "10 Little Bunnies," and "Gossie and Gertie." After reading "Gossie and Gertie" SEVERAL times, Anya looked up at me, smiled, then surprised me! She started having me turn the pages and told ME the story in her loud, "AHH AHH AHH UMM MAH" language. It was SO cute! I love quiet time with Anya, even if it usually turns into noisy time very quickly.

:)

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are reading with Anya! That is awesome. We still read together as a family and love it! Sounds like some good books and how sweet that she "read" back to you! She is a little love.

    ReplyDelete