Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Satisfied? Finally?

With all the baby announcements going around right now, I've learned something about me. I am absolutely not baby hungry. While I'm EXTREMELY happy for all of my friends and family having new babies soon, I really don't want another one right now...like...at all. This is totally crazy for me since before I had Anya, I used to get really envious of everyone who announced their pregnancies to the point of resenting them a little bit.

I've got my baby. She's everything I've ever wanted in a child. Granted, she could have less smelly poop, but that's mostly my fault for giving her certain foods anyway.


I'm busy, I'm losing weight, and the reasons for me not to have a baby are more desirable than for me to have another one. Infertility issues aside, I really like the idea of just having one baby for a while.

So...what does all of this mean for me? I think that for once, I'm actually satisfied with my life. I have a five year plan, an awesome husband, a beautiful little girl with an awesome sense of humor who is afraid of giraffes, and, yeah. Life is good right now. I'm setting realistic goals for myself, and I feel good when I accomplish them.

This is new for me. I'm happy for everyone who is having babies, and I'm also happy for me who is not. I like this feeling... :)

2 comments:

  1. That's so awesome! I am happy for all the new babies, but I'm still in the resentment stages... I should be happy with the three amazing children I have and I should have learned with the complications of the last one. But I ache for another baby. I ache for the joys of pregnancy. I even ache for the pains that go along with it. I have come to the conclusion that I am selfish and may never be happy. But congrats! It must be an amazing feeling. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have three things to say...
    Two being un-related... 1) Where is your Facebook?
    2) Yes, Zelda withdrawls and 3) That is good that you are happy now Stephanie :) and that you are lucky enough to have even one baby, and know that you should cherish and love all your children from here to whatever other number happens to pop up. I used to get that way, like you did, especially last year with all the pregnancies going around, just because I am no where near where I'd like to be in life but I can't complain too much, it will happen someday I suppose. But still, glad you are happy! :) As you should be.

    ReplyDelete