Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Daddy's Girl

Anya has become quite the Daddy's girl.

She's learning to walk, and will walk all over the house if we hold her hands to help her. Around 2 p.m. every afternoon, she asks me to help her (asks as in demands loudly) walk. Every day, we go all over the house through every room. The whole time, Anya is looking around saying, "Dad. Dad? Dad." Upon not finding Daddy since he's still at work, she gets VERY sad and wants to be by herself until he comes home around 4.

Sometimes, we have to look out the living room window and watch the garage to watch and wait for Daddy. When he pulls up, she SQUEALS! Then we have to walk to the front door to meet him!

Today, Anya was playing by herself with a toy, and while playing, started saying, "Dad. Anya. Dad. Dad. Dad. Anya." ("Anya" is her other favorite word... When I asked her to say, "Mama," she looked up, realized I wasn't Dad, and crawled away.

When they play together, she giggles for him in a way I just can't make happen myself. She loves when he puts her to bed at night and whenever she learns a new trick, she makes a point of doing it in front of him to see what his response will be. I love my baby and her daddy!

1 comment:

  1. How cute! Raiden's favorite word is Dad, too. He would rather have Mommy, but will say Dad. His new word is "ta-da". :)

    ReplyDelete