Monday, November 8, 2010

Three Months Old!

This week, our little cutie is three months old! (12 weeks old, technically) Since we still lack a camera, I don't have any cute three month old pictures of her (sad!) but I'll describe some of her development.

Anya can roll over! This isn't necessarily the best thing in the world, since now she likes sleeping on her side. If I don't swaddle her to prevent any kind of movement except breathing, she'll roll to her side or tummy. When I adjust her to lie on her back, she immediately goes back to her side.

She's understanding that there has to be a way to move from point A to point B while on her tummy, and can succeed in sticking her bottom up in the air with her face planted on the floor and her arms flailing around. She's learning how her little graspers work, and practices using them by holding my hands when I feed her. She'll pick up her binky when it's close to her and she wants it, but usually ends up throwing it rather than getting it in her mouth. When it's in her mouth, she'll hold it in place either with her palms, or by grabbing her blanket and holding it over the bink. (Normally, it's with the blanket. I'm not sure why she thinks that works better than by using her hands.)

She discovered the use of her tongue, and licks EVERYTHING that comes in close poximity to her mouth, which is usually my arms, my hands, or her arms. She thinks it's funny when she watches us eat spaghetti, and laughs her head off when the noodles wiggle around. She gets jealous when we eat anything else in front of her, and glares at us since we don't share. This lead to Daniel and I letting her taste the bread of the sandwiches we were eating the other day. She didn't like bread. I let her taste a cookie. She liked the cookie. I even went as far as putting a little chocolate ice cream on my finger when she was fussy last night and let her taste it to gether to be quiet. Well, she's definitely her father's daughter, in that she made a disgusted face and SCREAMED when she processed the flavor! Someday we'll have a kid who likes the things I like...(except likely not, since my body has issues with the whole conception thing.)

Her new noises include, "Eh Bah!" When she wants attention, "Ummuh..." when she's hungry, something that resembles, "yeah" when we talk to her and ask questions, and has started a tantrum cry...yay for us...

She's a social butterfly, and loves interacting with anyone who will look at her. If no one is looking at her, she'll make her cute, "I love you, pick me up!" noises. If no one listens, it makes her sad and she starts to cry. (Which is generally why we have to take her out of Sacrament meeting on Sundays.)

Well, the little cute just woke up from her nap, and is making happy noises in her crib, so it's time to play with Mommy!

1 comment:

  1. Each stage is so fun! Sounds like she is learning and growing so quickly. What a little dollie. Give her a big hug and kiss from me!

    ReplyDelete