Monday, November 1, 2010

Blessed

As of late, my posts have been mostly angsty, complainy, or severely opinionated. To show that I'm not completely pessimistic, (though I am a pessimist) argumentative, (therefore at times easy to manipulate) and opinionated, (sometimes) I want to talk about some of the things I'm thankful for. Just so all of you faithful readers know, I'm on day three of an intense migraine that refuses to go away in spite of all the excedrine I've been taking. This makes my cognitive abilities turn to mush, so excuse the spelling and gramatical errors.

I'm thankful to live close to the Huntsman Cancer Hospital. While my dad has been there recovering from his surgery, we've been able to take little Anya to visit him, which totally melts his heart. She loves her Grandpas, and it's so nice to have her and my dad spend time together. I'm also thankful for the hospital and doctos who have been working with him. In the very least, they've given him hope for the future. If everything goes as expected, he'll be able to eat as well as speak again. As far as I know, his tumor was benign. I'm thankful to have my dad in my family's life.

I'm thankful for baby Anya. She is such a light in our lives. I'm also thankful that she is demanding her space today since Daniel got me sick. This allows me to lie down and rest while she plays/sleeps in her own bed.

I'm so thankful for my Daniel. He works so hard to take care of me and Anya. Aside from working to support our financial needs, he is always quick to take Anya when I'm completely overwhelmed. He never complains, even if it's 2 am and he has work in the morning. He's a wonderful husband who is attentive to me and my emotional needs. He's a tender, compassionate man, and I have no idea how I ever managed without him. He's an incredible father. He's talented at getting Anya to calm down when she's fussy, and loves spending time with her. She absolutely adores her father, and I adore him as well.

I love my in-laws, and how supportive they are of all of their children and children-in-law. I'm thankful my mother-in-law came to help us out right after Anya was born. I'm also thankful for Havie, who reached out to me so much right after my miscarriage. I'm thankful for my four cute nieces. I can't wait to see the girls and young women they grow into. Actually, I can, since I think all of these little girls should stay little forever.

Anyway, I needed to talk about the good things going on in my life. Now I think I'll take a nap while Anya is happy/asleep in her bed. She REALLY doesn't want anyone to talk to her today, and gets mad if she sees me in her room.

No comments:

Post a Comment