Wednesday, January 19, 2011

5 Months

Wow! This month has been heartbreakingly crazy! My dad died on the 15th, and since I'm not ready to talk about that just yet, I'm going to let that be.

One thing I WILL talk about is my 5 month old! CRAZY! Has it really been 5 months?

Anyway, Anya is getting smarter and funnier by the day. I would say bigger too, but she just isn't gaining weight very fast! Little wiggleworm keeps burning her calories before they make baby fat! She has started eating baby cereal, and LOVES it! She likes it best when it's mixed with either formula or some kind of baby food. If I don't pile it in fast enough, she opens her mouth as WIDE as she can and says, "eh eh eh!" As cute as that is, if I dont pick up the pace, she'll get VERY angry. Her favorite foods are applesause, pears, green beans, carrots, and baby rice. She DOES NOT like bananas or squash. In fact, if I sneak them into that cute little mouth, she'll make herself throw up to get the taste out.

She likes to talk ALL the time! She likes to talk to Mommy and Daddy, Grandma, Grandpa, her toys, her crib, her hippo (although the hippo usually gets yelled at more than chatted to) and if none of those things are around, she's happy to talk to herself. She LOVES the sound of her voice, and has started distracting herself from being fussy when she yells at us in the right pitch. At the right pitch, she forgets she's angry and has fun making that noise over and over. At church, she likes to talk to whoever is speaking in Sacrament or teaching a lesson. You may think this is cute, but when she's the only thing anyone in a 10 foot radius of her can hear and then gets mad because no one in the room is talking about her, it tends to distract from what is being said by people who can form actual words.

She loves to stand up while holding our hands (and this is when she usually speaks the loudest) and can sit up by herself until she gets distracted by something she sees (which is usually within 5 seconds of sitting up). When we put her on her tummy and put toys just out of her reach, she understands that there has to be a way to get to the toy, but usually just ends up trying to army crawl with her feet flailing in the air until she gets mad and throws her face into the floor. We're still working on cause and effect as it pertains to tantrums...

She has gotten very good at using her hands! She likes grabbing her binky out of her mouth and putting it somewhere else (usually my mouth...). If I put toys in her crib at naptime, I almost always find teeting rings around each arm and her blanket over her face. Trying to move any of these items is near impossible since she grabs the blanket at her chest and wont let me move it or her arms.

Overall, this girl keeps us laughing and wondering how we ever did without her.

2 comments:

  1. Lol when I was little I was fed baby rice cereal with baby applesauce mixed it and I loved it! I can see why any baby would, really. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my precious Little Anya, and her amazing mom and dad. Thanks for keeping us posted. It is fun to read about!

    ReplyDelete