Monday, January 24, 2011

Goals for the week of 1/24/11

In combating my depression, it is VERY important for me to stick to a routine and avoid being idle at all costs. When my dad died, my routine got incredibly thrown off, my house became completely neglected, and I got so overwhelmed I didn't even want to work out anymore. (Working out, I've discovered, has become a great passion of mine. I LOVE the feeling of my body being able to do things it couldn't before, pushing myself to the next level, and the need and desire to eat right as my body realizes how starved it gets for nutrients.)

So, in order to make things easier for me, and therefore for Daniel and Anya, I'm re-establishing a daily routine. Tackling the whole house at once, by myself, with Anya wanting to play whenever she's awake, is impossible. Therefore, I'm going to start small. If I get a task list for myself every day and get the items on my list done, then even if my house still looks horrible, it's okay because I met my goals.

Here's what my master list for each day looks like:

1. Laundry (seriously, never ending...)
2. dishes (stupid dishes!)
3. P90X
4. Cook Dinner


The master list is things that ABSOLUTELY have to be done on a daily basis. (Granted, P90X and cooking are there for my own sanity. Working out is amazing, and I LOVE cooking nice meals for my family. They keep me from eating out and keep Daniel from making a quick meal...) Each day three other activities will be added to the master list, which will change on a daily basis. For instance, usually Mondays involve grocery shopping and cleaning the clutter out of the living room. Since the laundry and dishes build up over the weekend, that takes a HUGE chunk of time as well as taking Daniel to and from work on days where I need the car.

Today, my list includes:

1. Laundry (seriously, never ending)
2. Dishes
 (Which Daniel did for me over the weekend, so I only have the dishes from this mornings breakfast!)
3. P90X
4. Cook Dinner
5. Fold and put away laundry
(if I don't write this one down for today, it won't get done)
6. Scrub bathroom
7. empty trashes
8. Clean and vacuum living room


I know it doesn't look like a lot, but in getting back into my routine, this is where I'm going to start. Plus, I have a teething baby who is pretty clingy right now, so that doesn't allow me to do as much as I would like.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for exercise and happy endorphins released into the brain! (I have noticed an improvement in my mood since starting the Wii fit :) Good for you, Steph! Goals and schedules are great to have (most of the time, hehe) and help keep us on track.

    ReplyDelete