Saturday, October 9, 2010

I Will Believe


I know that my Redeemer lives. I know that he loves me and desires me to be with Him.

I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and I believe this to be the most true and most right church. It is spearheaded by the living Christ, who is as real and as tangible as I am. He loves us unconditionally, but doesn't always have to approve of our choices and actions. As a parent to my sweet little daughter, my love for her will never diminish, but there will be times when she makes choices that I will not like or approve of. These choices may hurt me and others around her. As I may chastise her in these instances, that doesn't change the love I have for my child. The same goes for the Lord. As we make decisions that he may not like or approve of, he will chastise us to teach us correct principles. If I discipline my daughter as she gets older, it is because I love her and want to teach her correct principles.

As the Lord lives, I have made covenants, or promises, to follow Him. I have been baptized into the church by the authority of the Priesthood which was given to men from the literal hands of the Lord. I prepared and was able to go to the temple, where I made further covenants to keep the commandments. I made the commitment to become married, and, with my husband, was married and sealed by the same Priesthood to the man of my dreams. Because of this, my marriage will not end at the grave, but continue on for all eternity. Because of the Plan of Salvation, the child that we lost will still be our child, and we the child's parents, for all eternity.

This isn't meant to cause contention. I wholeheartedly respect every person's right to believe what they wish. If I share what I believe, I will listen to others' beliefs. However, if a person wishes to argue about how my beliefs are wrong and refuse to listen to my opinions on the matter, I must respectfully decline to discuss the matter with those individuals. I work to try to understand others' opinions and have a calm, intellegent conversation with others, trying to find common ground and, at times, agreeing to disagree. Please allow me the same courtesy with my beliefs and opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment