Sunday, May 30, 2010

Pregnancy Brain/Extreme Hormone Moments

  1. The other day, I had the car, so I picked up Daniel from work. The whole time I was driving to Midvale, I was thinking of this HUGELY important thing I needed to tell him, (which, with my pregnancy hormones as crazy as they are, could've been something as simple as seeing a seagull in a parking lot...) and when he got in the car, I said, "Daniel! Oh my gosh! I have something to tell you!" after a 56 second pause, he asked, "what did you need to tell me?" to which I replied, "I have no idea. Something about a moving truck, maybe?" I honestly still can't remember what it was. 
  2. I've started talking in my sleep. I made Daniel laugh the other morning as he got ready for work. He came into the bedroom, I sat bold upright, looked at him and said, "Aww! Honey! Thank you for not being a troll!" I then laid back down and went back to sleep. I do remember a dream about trolls, anyway...
  3. I'll get the fixings for sandwiches out, put peanut butter on a slice of bread, and then go watch T.V. A little while later, I'll start looking for my sandwich, wondering where I put it and why I haven't eaten it yet. When I find the half-done sandwich in the kitchen, I finish making it, grab a glass of milk, and take the milk with me back to the couch, leaving the sandwich by itself on the counter. Eventually, I do get the sandwich.
  4. Earlier tonight, I was talking to Daniel about how I feel lonely sometimes, so he made up a story about a blue blade of grass who wanted friends, just to realized that all of the green blades of grass had been his friends all along. When he mentioned the blue blade of grass, I started to cry. I told Daniel I wanted to befriend the poor blue blade and hug the blue blade. Yes, I realized this was a fictional piece of grass. Yes, I still wanted to be its friend.

1 comment: