Saturday, May 29, 2010

Baby Name Part 2

After some discussion, we realized that "Anya" has been our daughter's name since before she was even conceived. In fact, it has been her name since before we found out I'm not supposed to be able to have children. Thinking about possibly having a daughter named Anya helped me heal through a very painful time in my life It's also partially a tribute to a wonderful Russian individual who deeply touched my life as a child. Daniel's input on her name is that her name is Anya. He doesn't analyze "why" like I do, but it's important to him to have her name be Anya. While Sofia is a wonderful name, our Anya has always been Anya, and to change her name would be silly of us.

We'd like to see the results of the poll for fun, so feel free to keep up with it!

2 comments:

  1. Well I'm glad you weren't serious about Clarence and Benjaninja (or whatever that other name was!)- Anya is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We put the names Benjanina and Clarence as gag names. We think Anya is quite beautiful as well! Btw, I totally enjoyed seeing your little Rendon on Sunday

    ReplyDelete