Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Teething

Anya is teething. My poor baby! Her mouth hurts so much that she can't sleep well and it's hard to eat! That little tooth causing all of this has almost poked through, so she's at a point where not even baby orajel helps very much.

I could say I hate teething since it makes her so fussy and I can't get anything done. You know what, though? While it makes me sad that my poor baby is in pain, I'm so thankful for teething since it means I have her. All the fussiness, clinginess, picky eating, and endless episodes of Sesame Street means that she's here with us and she's developing well. We never thought we'd have her. Anya is beyond our expectations in a baby. We have no idea how we ever did without her, and if teething is something we get to deal with, bring it on! There are no words to describe how much I love her and how grateful I am to be her mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment