Sunday, September 5, 2010

Emotional Manipulation

Anya has evidently discovered the fine art of using our love for her to our disadvantage.

The other morning, Daniel had Anya, and I was asleep in the bedroom. I woke up to her crying, and heard her distinctly yelling at Daniel! He brought her to me so she could eat, and the whole time she ate, she looked at me with the saddest eyes, wimpering, telling me how mean Daddy had been in not feeding her.

Then, earlier this evening, she was wide awake and pretty interactive. Her doctor said that when she's awake like that, we can give her tummy time. I laid a blanket out on the floor, set her on it, and laid next to her to watch her play. Evidently this was NOT what she wanted AT ALL! After working her neck muscles a little, she SCREAMED! I picked her up, she continued screaming, so I handed her to Daniel for a minute. The SECOND she was placed in her Daddy's arms, she calmed right down, and started making happy faces at him.

She's 16 days old. I thought I wouldn't have this happen until a few months from now. Heaven help us.

No comments:

Post a Comment